WHAT’S GOING ON?
I stood there at the meeting and everybody that got hands laid on them were dropping like flies… everybody except me. I was left standing there and was a bit embarrassed that I was not “slain in the spirit”. I wondered what was wrong with me.
Another meeting I was flat on my face praying in the spirit. Yes… I speak in tongues. I began to laugh. It was a different laugh because there was a “presence” with it. I could have laughed all night. It was great. But now I wonder… was it God or was it something else?
I intend to find out. My pastor is having a” Truth Class.” We are going to get to the bottom of this sort of thing. Anybody interested, let me know.
I stood there at the meeting and everybody that got hands laid on them were dropping like flies… everybody except me. I was left standing there and was a bit embarrassed that I was not “slain in the spirit”. I wondered what was wrong with me.
Another meeting I was flat on my face praying in the spirit. Yes… I speak in tongues. I began to laugh. It was a different laugh because there was a “presence” with it. I could have laughed all night. It was great. But now I wonder… was it God or was it something else?
I intend to find out. My pastor is having a” Truth Class.” We are going to get to the bottom of this sort of thing. Anybody interested, let me know.

2 Comments:
The reason you didnt fall down is because you had integrity and because your heart was guarded. People that do not fall are often rebuked for "not receiving".
I went to see that hokey wonam up in Decatur and she demanded every preacher to come forward. I did not like her or the atmosphere and nothing she said came to pass.
Hokey non-sense.
Gull Fren,
Get that book and read it. Once you read it, then take the Bible and check the scriptures that was quoted. It will frighten you. There is so much that we have been taught that is not scriptural. It can't be backed up by the Bible.
In my opinion, if it can't be proven by scriptures in the Bible it is false. The Bible is complete and nothing should be added or taken away from it. It is GOD's word.
I have wondered why I didn't hit the floor, slain in the spirit. I was never staggered, never got the giggles. I have often thought what am I doing wrong. Now my eyes have been opened. It was not me it was the teaching. That is not scriptural.
Praise GOD that we have a Pastor that can and will admit that he was in error with his teaching and intends to do something about it. We are blessed that he cares enough for us that he will risk every thing to teach the truth. Not the companies false doctrine. It would have been so easy for him to continue on the way he had been teaching, but he knew that he would be held accountable for the error in his teaching on judgment day. Could not plead he did not know, because GOD knows your heart and he would not have accepted that defense. Our Pastor went the way that his heart and studying led him.
Praise GOD that he did. For I had been beating myself up for my failure in certain areas. Now I am at ease. Thank you GOD
Post a Comment
<< Home