IT'S MIND BLOGGLING

My place to pause, ponder, praise & play.

Name:
Location: Calera, Al

THAT I MAY PUBLISH WITH THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING, & TELL OF ALL THY WONDROUS WORKS

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

WOF STINKS

I let my precious little yorkies out this morning…Cha Cha, Foxy Trot, Rumba Panties and Tango. Their cages are right at the back door so they only had a few steps to run out. Only that’s not the way it went down. They turned tail, ran straight to the great-room and relieved themselves…once again I might add. Four little dogs can have quite an impact on carpet. I recently invested in a fence thinking that would solve the problem…NOT! Yorkies are notorious when it comes to house training. One of my precious babies recently decided to chew a hole in the middle of the room. I’m not sure which one dug several places through the sheet rock, but I did manage to save Rumba Panties recently from totally eating the battery out of my cell phone. The cell phone didn’t survive. I lost all my numbers…I said all that to say this…I am an ex-wof sheep. Yep… I was part of the flock that belonged to a (Word of Faith) church that taught that I could have what I say by speaking it into existence… and that idea supposedly based on scripture. I was taught to make confessions verbally for what I thought I needed in my life. One confession was that I would have more than enough money (“for the kingdom of God”). Yeah right! Was that the true motivation of my heart? I know I am responsible for deceiving my own self. However, I took it and ran with it. I pursued my dream of raising puppies… expensive puppies. I could get $1,500.00 to $2,500.00 a puppy. I don’t think the idea of that had anything to do with the kingdom of God… maybe more like the kingdom of LuAnn. I look around at my domain now and it’s a mess. I’m in debt from buying these little jewels. On top of that I’m knee deep in… well you can imagine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luann I love your blog and you crack me up! I saw a t-shirt that read: I have been doing seed faith for ten years and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!
It was awesome. Ok, can a person make payments on your pups or do I take out a loan at the bank? Coni wants one bad.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the problem was WOF, I have never been taught to pursue my own vision. It's listening to the spirit and following the vision and purpose that God has for your life. Does that mean that nothing will ever go wrong? NO. Satan lives in the world to cause chaos and pain. That means that we will all at some point be attacked. It's what we do when we come under attack that is the true showing of our faith in God. God gives us the tools to fight the enemy. It's up to us to use them.
I'm sorry you are in debt up to your ears, but it sounds to me like now is the time to be asking God for help and not blaming WOF on your problems.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LuAnn, I enjoy reading your blogs. Knowing you as I do I did not read into the last one that you were blaming anyone for your problems. I read that you were just making some statements of things you did as a result of the Faith teaching. Knowing you as I do I know that you are depending on our Lord to help you as we are all prone to make mistakes. God bless you please keep writing.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home