OLD PATHS
I truly believe that I was led to my church by God. But why would He allow that if it was a cult? How did I not realize that? For one thing, I was starving for love and acceptance. My church was full of that… much more than any other church I had ever been to. I had recently been baptized with the Holy Spirit and received my prayer language, something that was taboo in my other churches. I always wondered if that was real or not but when it happened there was no doubt. I became much more interested in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I was full of joy and peace and hungry for more of God. Because of this I was open to everything I was taught. I learned that through confession we could “have what we say”. That was to be applied to finances, healings or anything we wanted. We had control over our lives through this. My pastor was big into this, but he always told us if things he said didn’t line up with the word of God, don’t believe it. Then God began to open his eyes to some things. Check it out on www.faithpreacher.blogspot.com. At times I would question or have a check in my spirit about things I would hear or things I would see, but I would just put those things on a backburner if it wasn’t clear. I was loved and accepted and that was important to me. As God began to show my pastor things that were in error, I listened and was open to what he had to say. Then I began to ask myself, “Have I been following God or a man?” I began to question everything I had experienced and learned…supernatural things. Were these things of God or was it something else? I may never know. Having said this, I visited my Dad’s church recently on Father’s Day to surprise him. As I sat there waiting for my Dad to show up, a lady playing the piano walked back to me and handed me a brochure about a bible study they were having at her house the next week. There was a bible verse on it and I knew when I read it that I had to share it with my pastor. Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:15 It became clear to me as I sat through the service that I was homesick for the “old paths”… just God alone… just the relationship. I listened to the children sing in church. One little girl was jumping for joy through every song. How precious. How genuine. I missed that.
I’m glad my pastor is seeking the truth. My church is going through change right now but what do you know?... One thing's for sure…
Jesus loves me this I know.
For the bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus love me
For the bible tells me so.
I truly believe that I was led to my church by God. But why would He allow that if it was a cult? How did I not realize that? For one thing, I was starving for love and acceptance. My church was full of that… much more than any other church I had ever been to. I had recently been baptized with the Holy Spirit and received my prayer language, something that was taboo in my other churches. I always wondered if that was real or not but when it happened there was no doubt. I became much more interested in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I was full of joy and peace and hungry for more of God. Because of this I was open to everything I was taught. I learned that through confession we could “have what we say”. That was to be applied to finances, healings or anything we wanted. We had control over our lives through this. My pastor was big into this, but he always told us if things he said didn’t line up with the word of God, don’t believe it. Then God began to open his eyes to some things. Check it out on www.faithpreacher.blogspot.com. At times I would question or have a check in my spirit about things I would hear or things I would see, but I would just put those things on a backburner if it wasn’t clear. I was loved and accepted and that was important to me. As God began to show my pastor things that were in error, I listened and was open to what he had to say. Then I began to ask myself, “Have I been following God or a man?” I began to question everything I had experienced and learned…supernatural things. Were these things of God or was it something else? I may never know. Having said this, I visited my Dad’s church recently on Father’s Day to surprise him. As I sat there waiting for my Dad to show up, a lady playing the piano walked back to me and handed me a brochure about a bible study they were having at her house the next week. There was a bible verse on it and I knew when I read it that I had to share it with my pastor. Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:15 It became clear to me as I sat through the service that I was homesick for the “old paths”… just God alone… just the relationship. I listened to the children sing in church. One little girl was jumping for joy through every song. How precious. How genuine. I missed that.
I’m glad my pastor is seeking the truth. My church is going through change right now but what do you know?... One thing's for sure…
Jesus loves me this I know.
For the bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus love me
For the bible tells me so.

2 Comments:
My brothers told everyone that I was a cult leader. i guess I was.
That song, yes Jesus loves me....its the best song. I am free now for the first time since 1994. It feels great. I am going though deprogramming. I hope to be able to deprogram my church folks if they will allow me to. Tell then about the Truth Class. pj
I must add, "Seek first the kingdom of God and ALL these things will be added unto you!!!"
Post a Comment
<< Home