IT'S MIND BLOGGLING

My place to pause, ponder, praise & play.

Name:
Location: Calera, Al

THAT I MAY PUBLISH WITH THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING, & TELL OF ALL THY WONDROUS WORKS

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

THE LORD’S TABLE

At the time, I was still living at home with my parents. The Exorcist had just come out and I wanted to see what the big to do was all about. My parents did not want me to go see it, but like most people my age, that made me want to go more. It was Sunday afternoon and my parents got me to agree to at least come to church that night. After the movie I went back home and rode to church with my parents, not thinking too much about it. I walked through the lobby but when I came to the door, I noticed the Lord’s Supper table down at the alter. Something would not let me enter. It wasn’t in my mind, it was a sudden halt. I ended up walking home from church and slept with my parents that night. For a long time I thought it was the devil not letting me enter, but then a few years later after I was saved and began to read my bible, I came across the following verse. I thought back on that day and realized that it wasn’t the devil at all. It was the Word of God:


Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.1 Corinthians 10:20-22

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are such a good writer!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to read your stories please keep writing them.

Myra

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home