THE WALL
Ben & his buddy Jeremy came up Tuesday to go to “The Basement”. They had to line up the entertainment for the August bash, but stayed with me afterward. I went to work Wednesday morning and left them sleeping. When I went home for lunch, they had left me a thank you note that said “Have fun with the bathroom”. I didn’t know what that meant but I checked the front bathroom and nothing seemed any different there. The last time they were here he left a sticker on the toilet that said, “Got Jesus?”. I went to my bathroom and the door was locked. I was bit aggravated as I did not think that was funny. I tried some drill bits but that didn’t work. Then I remembered you could get doors open with a credit card so that worked pretty good. At the end of my workday I returned home and went into my bathroom. I noticed something on the back end of my shower wall. They had taken washable crayons and drawn a cross with JEREMIAH 29.11 on it…(For I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you a future and a hope) They also wrote “PRAYER LIST” above the cross. My kids names were on there along with two other names… JEREMY AND TODD… two young men who need special prayer. Then I noticed a note written on the mirror, “GO AHEAD MOM, BE A KID AGAIN, with a place to write a bible verse and an arrow pointing down to 4 crayons on the vanity top. I had been a bit down but it perked me up as I wrote, “He who began a good work in you will continue to perform it.” I was still a bit blue when I woke up this morning but when I stepped into my shower, I turned to the other end and saw a big smiley face that said, “SMILE MOM, IT AINT SO BAD.” I didn’t smile… I laughed and giggled, then laughed again.
Ben & his buddy Jeremy came up Tuesday to go to “The Basement”. They had to line up the entertainment for the August bash, but stayed with me afterward. I went to work Wednesday morning and left them sleeping. When I went home for lunch, they had left me a thank you note that said “Have fun with the bathroom”. I didn’t know what that meant but I checked the front bathroom and nothing seemed any different there. The last time they were here he left a sticker on the toilet that said, “Got Jesus?”. I went to my bathroom and the door was locked. I was bit aggravated as I did not think that was funny. I tried some drill bits but that didn’t work. Then I remembered you could get doors open with a credit card so that worked pretty good. At the end of my workday I returned home and went into my bathroom. I noticed something on the back end of my shower wall. They had taken washable crayons and drawn a cross with JEREMIAH 29.11 on it…(For I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you a future and a hope) They also wrote “PRAYER LIST” above the cross. My kids names were on there along with two other names… JEREMY AND TODD… two young men who need special prayer. Then I noticed a note written on the mirror, “GO AHEAD MOM, BE A KID AGAIN, with a place to write a bible verse and an arrow pointing down to 4 crayons on the vanity top. I had been a bit down but it perked me up as I wrote, “He who began a good work in you will continue to perform it.” I was still a bit blue when I woke up this morning but when I stepped into my shower, I turned to the other end and saw a big smiley face that said, “SMILE MOM, IT AINT SO BAD.” I didn’t smile… I laughed and giggled, then laughed again.

5 Comments:
You are soooooooooooooo blessed!
I would bless those young men by letting them find another place to stay the next time they were in Birmingham. After they slept under the viaduct for a night, I bet they would appreciate a nice clean bathroom.
I know that they were having fun, but they are old enough to know the extra work they caused you.
Treat then just like step grandkids, let them stay but never let them out of your sight.
I know that I am an old crouch, but to cause problems for someone in the name of fun is not the right thing to do!!!!
Yes you are an old grouch. I loved it! They can come to my house and color anytime they want to... and by the way, I haven't cleaned anything off. It still makes me laugh.
Awesome...that your journey with your son has come this far. You worried about him being a kid...now he's reminding you to be one! He's headed in a great direction. God has BIG plans for you both. Always remember....that we're ALL God's kids!
Luann dont let that old man get to you, he lets those dogs poop all over his house!
Post a Comment
<< Home