IT'S MIND BLOGGLING

My place to pause, ponder, praise & play.

Name:
Location: Calera, Al

THAT I MAY PUBLISH WITH THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING, & TELL OF ALL THY WONDROUS WORKS

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

CHARISMATIC CHAOS
The conclusion


The early church, healing, holy laughter, prophecy, prosperity, tongues…
Now would be a good time to plead the 5th. I have friends who are just as strong one way as they are another. However, I am not here to please man. Most of what I have read I agree with. In fact, I have had doubts about most of the hype I have witnessed in my four years of charismatic surroundings. Some things I still have questions about. As far as tongues are concerned, when I first came to the Charismatic church, I earnestly prayed to the God who saved me that I didn’t know about tongues but that I only wanted what He wanted me to have. I thought no more about it. Two weeks later I was awakened and spoke in another language. What confuses me now is that if that wasn’t from God, why He would allow that to happen knowing that I asked Him about it. I think about this verse where that is concerned:

Luke 11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him"

However, if devil worshipers and New Agers, etc., speak in ton
gues, that gives me reason to question these things. Although I am not totally clear on this particular matter of tongues, I choose not to practice that unless I am 100% sure it is of God. When I pray in normal language I can be 100% sure that it is a God thing.

I think sometimes we can get so caught up in who is right and who is wrong, that we forget our whole purpose in life. The conclusion in this matter?... I don’t plead the 5th. I plead the 12th & the 13th.

Ecclesiastes 12: 13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

We just need to love God and love one another… maybe even go to Luckenbach, Texas.

4 Comments:

Blogger John Edwards said...

Im with you LuLu

10:34 AM  
Blogger Ben_There said...

Why do you want maybe even go to Luckenbach, Texas? Heck, I thing that living in Calera would be bad enough.

LOL

:)

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Lu! No matter how much preaching or teaching we sit under or who does it. It is our responsibility to search the scriptures for ourselves. The Lord deals with each of us and we each have to answer for ourselves. We also are supposed to hold each other accountable. If we do not study we can not know if what we are being taught is right or wrong. Thank you for writing and I pray you will do more as I enjoy reading.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you.....We just need to love God and love one another…Pleasing our Lord and Savior is really what's important.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home