
"WHINE" & CHEESE
It was suppose to just be a relaxing evening of wine & chat. I had picked up my little stud dog Joey from the groomers for his adopted owner to swing by and pick up later. Meanwhile my company arrived with the wine and cheese. With a toast, it seemed that all was well as the evening began. Two of my female yorkies seemed quite fond of my company. They began to hop up on his lap (as most lap dogs do) and took turns getting nose to nose with him. I knew they were being obnoxious and told him to just push them away. No sooner than he would push them away, they would hop right back up and gaze into his eyes. With that, I put up a gate to keep them in the hallway. At last we could have uninterrupted conversation... so we thought. All of a sudden Rumba lets out a yelp and begins to whine. I ran to scope out the situation and discover that Joey has successfully entered manhood or maybe I should say entered Rumba. She was in heat about a month earlier and had already been bred. I thought when heat was over it was over. Regardless of anything I thought, the fact remained... they were stuck. The young stud had finally figured it out. Four weeks earlier he couldn't do it. Ya know for a moment I could swear the dog was grinning. All I could think of was that the boy needed a cold shower. I always heard that worked for mankind. I asked my wide eyed company to bring me a glass of cold water and then instructed him to pour it over the affected area in hopes that shrinkage would occur...not. I then ask that he would get my cell phone and call my mentor yorkie breeder for instructions while I tried to keep them from ripping each other apart. I could tell he was not comfortable with the idea of explaining the situation. It brought back memories of the past month when the breeder was performing artificial insemination on Rumba and asked me to answer her husband's call and share why she couldn't talk to him. Try explaining that one... "Oh!... your wife can't come to the phone right now because she's giving one of her dogs a hand job." This guy didn't know how lucky he was. My mentor then basically gave instructions to hold them together and wait it out. I send my company for a towel and cleaned up the cold shower on the floor. They eventually separate. Trying to act like nothing ever happened we resume the wine cheese & conversation. The doorbell rings and my friend picks up the little stud. You might say Joey got a "new do" from the top of his head to the tip of his "tail"? that evening.
Wine... Cheese Conversation anyone?

1 Comments:
How Cute!!
Post a Comment
<< Home