IT'S MIND BLOGGLING

My place to pause, ponder, praise & play.

Name:
Location: Calera, Al

THAT I MAY PUBLISH WITH THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING, & TELL OF ALL THY WONDROUS WORKS

Monday, April 27, 2009

MY LIFE AS THE SYRUP BANDIT

Surely the Mexican employee at McDonald’s was just frustrated trying to un-jam the window to hand me my breakfast. However, being placed under suspicion as a potential syrup thief was not what I was expecting. Usually my daily order of hotcakes comes with 2 packs of syrup, but I always check as one pack is not sufficient for 3 hotcakes. Upon discovering I only had 1 pack I asked for another. The lady asked me if I wasn’t sure there were two in my sack. I looked once again, even lifting the plate up to see if one slipped underneath. I reassured her there was only one pack in my bag. She looked puzzled and asked again if I was sure. I voluntarily handed her my "one pack" bag of hotcakes so that she could inspect for herself. To my surprise she got up on her tiptoes and peered through the window looking in my lap and scanning the front seat of my car to see if I was hiding one. At this point I became rather irritated and told her in my “frustrated voice” that I promised I only had one pack of syrup. Finally she conceded and gave me an extra pack. I’ve always been taught to give people the benefit of the doubt so I blamed the experience on the economy. She must have been concerned about that and wasn’t about to let me get by with more than two packs of syrup. Yeah right!

1 Comments:

Blogger Harold Ballew said...

Why not try honey next time that's better amd better for you then if the same thing happened again you would be branded as the honey bandit that sounds better.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home