
STAR STRUCK
World on Wheels didn't sound that exciting but meeting "The Fonz" and Ralph Malph from Happy Days did. I got in line with at least 50 or more people ahead of me. The stars were late but when they made their entrance you couldn't budge for all the people gathering around. Henry Winkler was a lot shorter than I ever realized but he was still a cutie pie. Don... or "Ralph Malph" was a lot cuter than I remembered. He had a very friendly disposition and the happiest expression on his face. I inched my way through the roped off line just waiting for my turn. It was fun to watch each person meet them, take pictures and get autographs. After an hour of waiting, it was finally my turn. I introduced myself and asked to have my picture made with them. As we came together to pose, "The Fonz" slipped his hands on each side of my waist and slid them around the front of my stomach, pulling me close. He said, "Why don't we pose like this.... just like the prom?" I lost all sense of dignity, tilted my head back and said, "OH YES!" Everybody started laughing. It was a most wonderful moment. However, I was so shocked and "star struck", when my turn was over, I almost exited behind their set up instead of in front of it. "The Fonz" also had to remind me to get my purse. I said, "Oh, I can't even think straight right now."... More laughter. As I walked past the line of people, one man said, "He didn't want to let go of you did he?" All I could do was smile as I floated through the civic center with my autographed picture that said, "LuAnn, you are lovely". I had seen other's autographs that said, "You are great". Sure it was an act, or part of a show, but for now, all I can say is, "Happy Days Are Here Again!"
A special thank you to my friend Ted who made this adventure possible.

5 Comments:
hhhhheyyyy! wish I'd have been there. That was my favorite show when I was growing up. I love your pic!
Coni
MORE MEN!!! YOU GO!!!
Wayyyyyy to Goooooooooooo!! LuAnn
Neat picture!!
I can't believe that you would act like that. Aren't you ashamed, being pawed by two men that you didn't know? Where did that shy quite girl go? Oh shame on you, shame, shame, shame.
I am just kidding, way to go girl. It is good to see you getting out of that shell.
I can hear Donna laughing right now – I KNOW she’s so proud! (You’re right, Malph is pretty cute!) I’d ask if you got a phone number, but since you forgot your purse I’m guessing not! I’d say you’ve officially come out of your shell!!! Good girl!!!
Joy
Post a Comment
<< Home