AN AWESOME MESSAGE
I visited Pelham First Baptist Church yesterday and they were celebrating their 100th anniversary. At the end of the service the pastor asked the former pastor of Kingwood Assembly of God to have the benediction. I had visited that church several times also. I thought how odd for such a thing in a Baptist church. The Baptist pastor went on to share what great friends they have been through the years. He shared how years earlier the Assembly pastor had donated $10,000.00 to Pelham First Baptist for their building fund. A few years down the road when the Assembly was re-building, the Baptist church in return sent them $100,000.00 for their building fund. The Assembly kept 10% of it and gave the remaining $90,000.00 to Westwood Baptist Church in Alabaster for their building fund. I thought how wonderful that two denominations didn’t have issues of who was right and who was wrong about doctrine, but united for the common cause of spreading the gospel. What an awesome lesson.
Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
I visited Pelham First Baptist Church yesterday and they were celebrating their 100th anniversary. At the end of the service the pastor asked the former pastor of Kingwood Assembly of God to have the benediction. I had visited that church several times also. I thought how odd for such a thing in a Baptist church. The Baptist pastor went on to share what great friends they have been through the years. He shared how years earlier the Assembly pastor had donated $10,000.00 to Pelham First Baptist for their building fund. A few years down the road when the Assembly was re-building, the Baptist church in return sent them $100,000.00 for their building fund. The Assembly kept 10% of it and gave the remaining $90,000.00 to Westwood Baptist Church in Alabaster for their building fund. I thought how wonderful that two denominations didn’t have issues of who was right and who was wrong about doctrine, but united for the common cause of spreading the gospel. What an awesome lesson.
Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.

1 Comments:
I wonder would they help pay off Hillsides building fund?!?!?!?!
Post a Comment
<< Home