
Pastor John gives us a verse a day to meditate on. Today's verse is Matt 8:17:
"HIMSELF took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses." Infirmities are weaknesses. When I read this verse I automatically think of 2 Cor. 12: 9-10.
Matt & Benji were 3 & 4. My husband left for work one night and I got my bible out to read a little before going to bed. I came across these verses: And he said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
I had never read that before and it just really spoke to me. I knew I was a weak person and I thought maybe this had something to do with making my family life stronger. About 3 days later on Friday, I get a phone call. I thought Joy was laughing when I answered the phone, but I was wrong. She was histerically crying. My other sister Donna had broken up with her boyfriend and he went to the dentist office where she worked and shot her and then killed himself.
The viewing was Sunday at 5:00 p.m. I got to the funeral home before the rest of the family but I was afraid to go look at her. I waited until they got there. My Mom and Dad fell apart. I remember a lot of emotion, but then something happened. In a few moments a peace came over me. I knew that a terrible thing had happened but this peace came and I thought to myself, this is amazing... amazing grace... and then I remembered the verses and God said to me, "This is my grace that is sufficient for you. You are weak and this is my strength."
That was a long time ago and it was the hardest thing I had ever been through. Although that was a terrible tragedy, it was a time when I learned more about the grace of God than I had ever known before.
He took my weakness that day and made me strong.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home