It had been a year since Phil shot and killed Donna. Nothing in me wanted to pray. I just didn't want to talk to God anymore. I didn't want to read my bible. The year was long. I watched my parents grieve, but they had their church friends. I had no words of comfort to offer anyway. My other sister Joy spent all of her time with her high school friends and was always too busy to talk when I would call. I was a mother of 2 small children and when I needed to talk, my husband, would just say, "I don't want to hear it."In a desperate state of grief I called a lady from my church who I had a lot of respect for. She wisely advised me to read my bible and talk to God even if I didn't want to. I took her advice. I opened my bible that very night and that is when God comforted me in a way that no one else could in the first place. I happened across the following scriptures:
16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Cor. 4:16-18
God spoke to me that night in that He said for me not to look at the bad things that had happened because that was just temporary. But to look at what I could not see (Donna happy in heaven) and that was eternal.
It had been a year… but I finally had peace. She was ok and that's all I needed to know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home