IT'S MIND BLOGGLING

My place to pause, ponder, praise & play.

Name:
Location: Calera, Al

THAT I MAY PUBLISH WITH THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING, & TELL OF ALL THY WONDROUS WORKS

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?


A letter to Nottingham Homeowner's Association:

In reply to your September 1st letter of violation of the Protective Covenants of NOTTINGHAM HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, regarding the artificial flowers in my yard, I make reference to the sentence, "If the item has already been corrected, thank you and please disregard this letter." Yes, the "item" was corrected 3 days before I received your letter, but I choose not to disregard your letter. Please note the following:

The day Nick came home from Iraq was a long anticipated day. He had made it through the war untouched and this U.S. Marine Mom wasted no time preparing his welcome home. Red, white & blue ribbons, balloons, streamers, flowers, flags and welcome home signs awaited his arrival Saturday night. You should have seen the big grin on his face when he drove up.

Due to the approaching Hurricane Katrina, I removed the paper décor Sunday evening but left the flowers and the mailbox decorated during my son's short stay. Nick left early Wednesday morning to visit his brother in Gulf Shores and that was the day I removed the flowers. Three days later I receive your letter asking me to remove the flowers… Well excuse me for being a red-neck… Not only did that hurt, but it made me extremely angry. Here we are in a war and a national crisis on top of that & you are picking at my red, white, & blue flowers.

Well, NOTTINGHAM HOME ASSOCIATION, because I am a Christian and it would not be proper for me to tell you to go to hell, let me just tell you to, "GO TO IRAQ!"

Sincerely,

LuAnn Sherrill
Proud Mom of a U.S. Marine

P.S. I hope you enjoy the patriotic flowers I sent you. Thanks for supporting our troops.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go "proud Mom"......I totally agree with you 100%.....how sad that the association could not recognize this was celebrating a very special "homecoming"!!!!!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl ... I'm so proud of you! Seems to me the ASSociation should of been helping you put out those red,white, and blue flowers. For the FREEDOM to be able to write a letter like that, and not get shot!!! A other Marine's Mom

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home