PRAY FOR YOUR CHILDREN
Matt had been to Florida quite a few times with his buddies. I could not put my finger on it but there was something about this trip that bothered me. I don’t think I had ever prayed for him going on a trip, but this time I asked God to protect him. Two days into his trip I received a phone call. Matt had been hit by a car while crossing the street. He flipped over the hood and landed in the emergency lane. His buddies thought he was dead when they saw it happen. As it turned out he didn’t have a broken bone in his body.
Nick turned 21 on February 15th, 2006. I knew what that meant and I knew what he would be up to. I prayed that “No weapon formed against him would prosper” and then called down the rulers of darkness and rendered them harmless and ineffective against him. The next day I get a phone call. He had indeed celebrated his 21st birthday and crashed into a bridge going 125 mph. When the State Troopers got there they fully expected a dead body when they saw the car. They said he should not have survived a crash like that. The State Trooper made the comment, “God was watching over you”. He now has consequences to face but his life was spared.
Never underestimate a mother’s prayers and the power of God. I believe a verse in Isaiah 54 that “All my children will be taught of the Lord and great will be their peace.”
Matt had been to Florida quite a few times with his buddies. I could not put my finger on it but there was something about this trip that bothered me. I don’t think I had ever prayed for him going on a trip, but this time I asked God to protect him. Two days into his trip I received a phone call. Matt had been hit by a car while crossing the street. He flipped over the hood and landed in the emergency lane. His buddies thought he was dead when they saw it happen. As it turned out he didn’t have a broken bone in his body.
Nick turned 21 on February 15th, 2006. I knew what that meant and I knew what he would be up to. I prayed that “No weapon formed against him would prosper” and then called down the rulers of darkness and rendered them harmless and ineffective against him. The next day I get a phone call. He had indeed celebrated his 21st birthday and crashed into a bridge going 125 mph. When the State Troopers got there they fully expected a dead body when they saw the car. They said he should not have survived a crash like that. The State Trooper made the comment, “God was watching over you”. He now has consequences to face but his life was spared.
Never underestimate a mother’s prayers and the power of God. I believe a verse in Isaiah 54 that “All my children will be taught of the Lord and great will be their peace.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home