ACCUSATIONS
Being a mother of three boys, you could just about count on someone coming to your door from time to time, informing you of their boyish deeds. It was usually parents of girls who seemed to be the most upset. I really could identify with them though. There were three of us girls growing up so when I had boys it was like being introduced to another culture.
I would thank neighbors who let me know that one just went down the sewer and was in between the houses and then try to explain to my son that he really wasn’t a Ninja Turtle. I would spank the one who threw rocks at the little girl, not realizing that when she grew up I would have to console her once again when my son broke her heart.
Occasionally, a neighbor might be in the wrong when making accusations. I could not understand why one of my sons would climb the next door neighbor’s tree and try to look into their bathroom window… but assuring the neighbor I would handle it, I questioned my little stinker. I could always tell if they were lying or not and this time, he looked confused when I presented the neighbor’s charges. After a moment, he shared with me how he had climbed the tree and was trying to see if there were baby birds or eggs in the bird nest.
There are 2 lessons here… stay out of your neighbor’s yard and be careful not to make wrong accusations. You might hurt a child who is just trying to grow up and enjoy God’s world.
Being a mother of three boys, you could just about count on someone coming to your door from time to time, informing you of their boyish deeds. It was usually parents of girls who seemed to be the most upset. I really could identify with them though. There were three of us girls growing up so when I had boys it was like being introduced to another culture.
I would thank neighbors who let me know that one just went down the sewer and was in between the houses and then try to explain to my son that he really wasn’t a Ninja Turtle. I would spank the one who threw rocks at the little girl, not realizing that when she grew up I would have to console her once again when my son broke her heart.
Occasionally, a neighbor might be in the wrong when making accusations. I could not understand why one of my sons would climb the next door neighbor’s tree and try to look into their bathroom window… but assuring the neighbor I would handle it, I questioned my little stinker. I could always tell if they were lying or not and this time, he looked confused when I presented the neighbor’s charges. After a moment, he shared with me how he had climbed the tree and was trying to see if there were baby birds or eggs in the bird nest.
There are 2 lessons here… stay out of your neighbor’s yard and be careful not to make wrong accusations. You might hurt a child who is just trying to grow up and enjoy God’s world.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home