IT'S MIND BLOGGLING

My place to pause, ponder, praise & play.

Name:
Location: Calera, Al

THAT I MAY PUBLISH WITH THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING, & TELL OF ALL THY WONDROUS WORKS

Thursday, February 02, 2006

BUILT UPON GODLY PRINCIPLES

OUR COMPANY SLOGAN IS "BUILT UPON A FLAVOR". I have often wondered about the company “roots” of A.C. Legg, Inc. In the back of my mind, I always wondered if the company success was due to someone way back there using Godly principles.

Recently, I was given the opportunity to put together a company scrapbook of the archives. While pilfering through very old banquet pictures & salesmen conventions itineraries, I ran across the following typed out “What to Discuss” from 1930:

“Caution them about keeping fit... eat right, think right, live right. Work up, not down. Read the Bible, read good sales magazines. Dig out the principles, then apply them to our product. Check back over your year’s work and find your errors. Overcome these mistakes. Remember we are building for the future on the solid rock of fair dealing, cooperation, honesty and character. Keep the kind of company that will reflect these principles.
Tell the truth – Do not misrepresent”

My suspicions were absolutely right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home