
This is my friend, Mrs. Doris Edwards. For those of you who have dared to get to know her, you know that she is one of a kind… a joy, a bit of sassiness and comedy all tied up together. She loves her Lord and loves her southern gospel records.
Mrs. Edwards met the love of her life on the beach in Panama City and after marriage, wanted to have a baby. She promised God if He would give her a son just like his daddy that she would give him back to Him… and that is why we have Pastor John Edwards of the Edge Church today. Being her friend, I sometimes get inside information even if I don't want it. Like recently she shared how she just wanted to get a hold of Pastor John and beat his backside with a paddle… Why?… I'll never tell.
After losing her husband to cancer when her children were young, she raised her family alone but determined to keep them in church. Mrs. Edwards has 2 more sons, Hank & Terry and I lost count of how many beautiful grandchildren.
"The day of the runaway garbage can" will forever be a classic in my mind. I offered to roll her garbage down on the street, but she insisted on doing it herself. The closer she got to the street, the faster the can rolled. It took a sharp left from the driveway onto the grass. I don't know why she didn't let go. The next thing I knew, she was going down with the garbage can. When I saw that she was ok, we started laughing. I tried to get her up and kept dropping her right back down on her rear. I don't know about her, but I laughed so hard I wet my pants. She was definitely not a good garbage can driver!
One more thing…If she challenges you to a game of Scrabble, beware! She plays a mean game of it!
I love her anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home