SPAGHETTI SEASONING
Part of my job in the spice manufacturing business is to communicate with salesmen concerning their customers. Ron… bless his heart, asked me to write a letter to a customer regarding their “spaghetti seasoning”. He called later to make sure that I spelled “spaghetti” right. I assured him that I would send him a copy of the letter just so he would know that everything was on the up & up. Instead of the original, I sent a “revised” copy to him & deliberately referred to the product as “sketty seasoning” along with a few other intentional southern mis-spellings. Since that time my name has officially been changed to “Sketty” when he calls.
Recently one of Ron’s customer’s was short 10 bags of product. As usual, I notified him by e-mail that we would issue a credit & freight claim for his customer. Ron responded with this question, “Are we shipping other nags”? I in turn responded with the following:
In answer to your question, "Are we shipping other nags", the answer is no per Chuck. We shipped them 50 more "bags" yesterday. If they really need more "nags" then maybe you could ship your mother-in-law or your ex-wife or something. After this I will never be concerned about how to spell "spaghetti" or anything else for that matter. The day that the “bags” became “nags” remedied that. Who knows... you might have meant for us to send "hags". Then we would have been in trouble for shipping the wrong product.
Sketty
Part of my job in the spice manufacturing business is to communicate with salesmen concerning their customers. Ron… bless his heart, asked me to write a letter to a customer regarding their “spaghetti seasoning”. He called later to make sure that I spelled “spaghetti” right. I assured him that I would send him a copy of the letter just so he would know that everything was on the up & up. Instead of the original, I sent a “revised” copy to him & deliberately referred to the product as “sketty seasoning” along with a few other intentional southern mis-spellings. Since that time my name has officially been changed to “Sketty” when he calls.
Recently one of Ron’s customer’s was short 10 bags of product. As usual, I notified him by e-mail that we would issue a credit & freight claim for his customer. Ron responded with this question, “Are we shipping other nags”? I in turn responded with the following:
In answer to your question, "Are we shipping other nags", the answer is no per Chuck. We shipped them 50 more "bags" yesterday. If they really need more "nags" then maybe you could ship your mother-in-law or your ex-wife or something. After this I will never be concerned about how to spell "spaghetti" or anything else for that matter. The day that the “bags” became “nags” remedied that. Who knows... you might have meant for us to send "hags". Then we would have been in trouble for shipping the wrong product.
Sketty

1 Comments:
I am please to see that you have decided to post again and that you did not lose your sense of humor.
Post a Comment
<< Home