IT'S MIND BLOGGLING

My place to pause, ponder, praise & play.

Name:
Location: Calera, Al

THAT I MAY PUBLISH WITH THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING, & TELL OF ALL THY WONDROUS WORKS

Monday, January 21, 2008

GRAVITY

“Don’t be fussing at me today”, I said as we climbed into the boat and headed across the river for a day of fishing. I didn’t take fishing anywhere near as seriously as my husband. As we approached the bank, I made my first cast. My lure went sailing across the sky into a tree on the bank. “You’re not losing this one!” He blurted out, making his way to the bank in disgust. My lure seemed to have found its way near the top of a very skinny pine tree. Shimmying his way up the tree, I noticed the tree begin to bend over the river. About the time he reached the five dollar lure, he was hanging over the river with both hands. For once, I had him right where I wanted him… at my mercy. “Get the boat under me!” He yelled out. I calmly reminded him that I did not know how to drive the boat. That was always his job. “WELL LEARN!!!” he cried out in desperation. It was a windy March day, the water still quite cold, and the boat had begun to drift down the river with my rod unwinding every inch of its line. I grabbed it just in time before it went into the river. Trying to learn how to drive a boat in a few seconds from a hanging disgruntled fisherman has its challenges. For some reason, when I would try to back up and turn the steering wheel, it seemed to go in the opposite direction that a car would. Non-the-less, after a few maneuvers, I did eventually manage to make my way to the rescue… just in time I might add. Yes, we both learned some lessons that day. I learned how to drive the boat and he learned about the law of gravity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Too Funny lulu!!!

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home